seriously?

Guess who was in the hospital again this morning. I swear, this is getting old now. My boss took me in a little after 8:15am because my left arm and hand went numb. Shortly thereafter, my upper lip, tongue and much of my face went numb, too. I was in the hospital for a little over 3 hours, was hooked up to an IV, had blood drawn and had a CT scan. A lot of stuff for a girl who is hardly ever sick. Hubby came to the hospital and was a doll, again. I was diagnosed with a certain kind of migraine and now I can't remember the exact name. Anyhow, this all happened to me once before, when I was in college 10 years ago. But that time my stoke-like symptoms came well after the migraine arrived, and this time the symptoms were there before any sign of the headache.

We left my car at work and headed home. After I was tucked into bed by hubby and Atty, hubby went to the pharmacy for my prescription. I slept for most of the afternoon and woke up just about an hour ago. My headache was still hanging on, so I took a pill, and OF COURSE I had a reaction to it ~ I got a few hives ~ but, since the headache is now pretty much gone, I'd say those few hives were worth it.

But really? SIGH.

While I was napping, Hubby called my regular doctor and made an appointment for me for tomorrow at 11:15 am. But, since my car is at work, 45 minutes away, Hubby will drive me to work, I will stay for a few hours, then head back to town for my appointment. I was hoping to go in after my appointment, but I do not have a ride. At any rate, I have a meeting with the general manager at 9:30 am and we have postponed this meeting already twice, so it's best that I go to that. As soon as it's over, I'll head out.

I am SO OVER ALL OF THIS!!!!

7 Comments:

  1. Sally said...
    Wow! That's scary. I'm glad your boss didn't waste any time and took you right in.

    Let me know how it goes tomorrow! I'll be home all day...they shut down our plant because we're supposed to get a huge ice storm tonight.
    maddie said...
    thanks. i'll give you a call after my appointment. :)
    Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    GEEZ, I've been a day or two behind on all of my blogs lately and I can't believe I missed this! Once again I ask, ARE YOU OK? Good grief, girl. Sorry you're going through all this. :(
    Gypsy said...
    Ugh, you poor thing!
    Gina said...
    I'm so sorry! I hope you are doing better today!
    maddie said...
    thank you pretty ladies. i am happy to report that all is better. for now. heh.
    Terry said...
    OMG.. I get home to find this post... I am glad to hear you are better, but do they know what is triggering this??

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home