wednesday words.

so it has been decided. we're going to get another kitty. i'm going to the animal shelter on friday to pick out a new little buddy. atty definitley needs a pal and hubby really wants one, too. hubby wants me to go pick one out by myself because he doesn't want to feel like he is replacing finn. he knows the new kitty won't be a replacement, but he just doesn't want to be there. i do understand, so it's fine with me. and besides. when we were at the shelter last weekend, we saw several kittens that we liked so i'll probably pick one of those. i'm taking friday off because i need to get a few things done before christmas, so it works out well to go to the shelter that day. i have to take atty in to the vet in the morning to get a vaccination, our new housekeeper is coming at noon (more on that below) and i have a hair appointment at 12:45, so when i'm done with all of that, i will go to the shelter. i'm looking forward to going as it will be good for all of us to have a new little one pouncing around.

i went to the post office before work this morning to mail two more packages for christmas. my girlfriend was going to come visit this weekend and she came down with a horrible cold, so i had to sent her gift as well as my parent's as she was going to take theirs down. but i'm not worried about the packages arriving on time since they are only going to LA. i'm sad i won't see my girlfriend this weekend, but i would rather see her healthy than sick. besides, i know we'll have another girlie weekend sometime soon.

i decided yesterday to participate in the local chapter of Team in Training. i feel really out of shape and this will be a great way to motivate and do something i enjoy for a cause that is worthwhile. i will go to an informational meeting sometime in the begining of january and will start training shortly thereafter. this is the race i will be training for. i am going to train for the 1/2 marathon. the longest distance i have raced before is 10k, so this will be extra challenging for me. also, the last time i have run was for said 10k this past july. needless to say, i need a lot of help and motivation to get me ready for the race in may. once i officially sign up for the team in training, look for a place you can donate to my cause. :)

last night my mil came over to introduce me to her housekeeper. as a christmas gift, we asked for a housekeeper instead of any other gifts. my mil arrived early and was so wound up, it was silly. she perched herself on the edge of the couch, handbang in hand, waiting for the housekeeper to arrive. she asked me what i would like the housekeeper to do and i said the usual; the floors, dust, vacum, mop, the dishes, the bathroom, ect. she was surprised that i wanted the housekeeper to do the dishes and make the bed. wtf? why would i housekeeper who didn't do those things? she then said i should pick up the house before the housekeeper comes each week. um...what? sure, i'll pick up my clothes off the floor, but seriously? the rest is for the housekeeper to do. i don't need her to do the laundry, but that's really about it. when the housekeeper and her son arrived (she doesn't speak english so her son has to do the translating for her) they were super nice and my mil looked clearly uncomfortable. it was so odd. this gal has been cleaning my mil's house for almost 15 years. whatever. i'm just happy that she will be cleaning ours, too. she starts this friday and i am SO looking forward to it. to have my weekends bicker-free, will be amazing. when i told hubby how his mom acted, he laughed. he told me she totally cleans her house before the housekeeper comes over and recently cleaned her carpets the day before a professional company came over to deep clean the same carpets. she is clearly nuts!

6 Comments:

  1. Maybelline Jones said...
    That is INSANE! My MIL is one of those June Cleaver types too. Good thing I don't even try to trick myself into thinking I can keep up with her. I mean - she irons EVERY SINGLE piece of laundry. Who else does that?
    *~*Cece*~* said...
    Ok, you MIL is nuts! That's like washing your car before taking it to the car wash to get detailed! lol

    A housekeeper sounds heavenly right about now.
    Sally said...
    Ok, before I comment on the housekeeper thing, I have to tell you about the wonderful package I got in the mail today...from you!

    I really hope I wasn't supposed to wait til Christmas to open it, because I SO didn't! Thank you so much! I love it all, and I'm going to post photos on my blog soon. Thanks!!

    Now, the housekeeper...I am so jealous! I'm hoping that before this kid comes, I will have one, too...but i won't hold my breath. I had one in CA, and I always picked up before they came, only so they wouldn't have to move a bunch of junk to dust and clean. Plus, I should be doing SOMETHING around the house, I think. =) I didn't have them make the beds or do dishes...I didn't want to pay extra for that. I can't wait to hear how much you love having her come clean!
    maddie said...
    yeah, i am SO looking forward to having someone clean the house once a week. i have never had that before. my mil will pay for a while, i'm guessing a month or two, then we will pick up the tab. and i think we will end up paying somewhere around $40 a week for her services, so heck yeah, she's doing the dishes and making the bed!!
    Maybelline Jones said...
    As for your mom's outlook on the new kitty - screw it. I find that life is much easier if you just keep reaffirming your actions: I am happy. I am a good person, I can make my own choices, I shouldn't feel guilty for those choices. At least that's what I've been doing over the past couple of days. Hang in there!
    Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    That's hilarious - I know TONS of people who clean their houses before the house keepers come - I've always thought it was the craziest thing ever.

    And yet - I don't want to hire someone to come clean my house because she'll see how messy it is!

    So I guess we're all a bit neurotic... Except you, which is great! Go for it, girl, you certainly deserve it.

    (by the way, it is five hundred times easier to leave a comment here while typing from my laptop, than last night's hunt and pecking from my iPod. Sorry I've been away so long!) ;)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home