well, today was my first day back at work. i drove the trail blazer without the radio and didn't drink my coffee, either. i was a bit unnerving, but i made it. my heart beat extra hard when i pulled into work. as i parked my car, i couldn't figure out how to turn of some of the lights and had to call hubby twice to help me.

finally inside my office, i began to settle down. well, until my boss came in. he told me i could take my time coming back and he thought i should perhaps spend a little more time at home. then in a meeting a little bit later, his boss told me the same thing, which totally made me tear up. later, the hr director called to see how i was doing and two of my friends stopped by to check on me. i definitely felt the love.

i did leave work early today, just after 1:15 pm. the drive home was okay, except for the part when a large truck going in the opposite direction dropped a large cylinder from his truck that i had to swerve not to miss (i was on a two lane road). but, i stopped by mcdonalds on the way home and have been hanging out with the kittie nurses ever since. atty is letting me treat him like a rag doll, which i really appreciate.

but, on a better note, i am more than half way done with my christmas shopping. yay! i am done with my girlfriends, hubby and my mom. now i just have my dad and hubby's mom. hubby takes care of his brother and dad, so i'm off the hook there. i still have yet to tackle my christmas card list....

6 Comments:

  1. WendyB said...
    I'm glad your workplace is so understanding!
    Gina said...
    I'm glad that you are feeling at least a little bit better.
    Terry said...
    I still get nervous when certain conditions are present.. I hit a car last winter in the ice, but I assure you, that uneasiness will eventually pass.
    Amelia said...
    sorry about that!ur bosses are such ass holes!
    maddie said...
    yeah, my work is being awesome about everything. people are really kind here. i found out that it was my boss who had initiated the sending of the flowers. :)

    and each day the driving gets a little bit easier.

    thanks your all your kindess!!
    Amelia said...
    wow!guess i was wrong about your boss, im thinking i misunderstood your post

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home