thursday thirteen.


Thirteen Things That I Have Learned This Week
1. people show their true colors when you have had a tramatic experience. they either step to the plate and are the great friend you know they are or they run away from you and pretend nothing ever happened.
2. people who you think don't care about you really do, they just may not know how to show it.
3. while material possessions are nice, good friends are much more valuable.
4. driving a good, safe, solid car is more important than having something fast and flashy.
5. classic rock is the perfect music to listen to at the office.
6. a little greenery in the office, like a fern, really does make a huge difference.
7. while i am proud of myself for being able to take myself to the finest restaurants, stay at the finest hotels, get pampered at the finest spas all on my own dime, it is much more meaningful to do those things with someone you love and not worry about whose money it is that is paying for everything.
8. a mc donalds cheeseburger and french fries is still my favorite 'i'm feeling down in the dumps' treat.
9. while having money does afford nice things, it does not create happiness. sure, it's nice to go places and do things, but some of the most unhappy people i know are also the wealthiest.
10. having quiet time all to myself to relax and clear my mind is something i definitely need to make time for, even if that means running a hot bath for only 20 minutes.
11. being rude and condecending will not get you anywhere in life. well, unless you like living alone with 8 cats and being angry all the time.
12. that people who have the 'poor me' attitude are too draining for me so i have let go of a few friends who are always feeling sorry for themselves. and while i still care for them as people, i just won't put my effort into listening to them complain anymore.
13. same goes for people who constantly interrupt. by interrupting me, you are saying that what you have to say is more important than what i have to say and that you could care less about what i am saying. in fact, by doing so, you are not even listening to me, so i'm done with those people, too. interesting that a few of my 'poor me' friends are also big interrupters...

4 Comments:

  1. Terry said...
    Ha... don't forget the Strawberry Milkshakes...or did you give them up??
    Anonymous said...
    I concur in spades that "a little greenery" in the office is a good and proper thing.

    Useful, that.
    Amelia said...
    i agree with you about uhmm... evrything.i loved the list so much.the one about he "pity me" attitude especially because i have been having that exact attitude lately and i determined tp change it coz i realise it helps and changes nothing.i also hate being interruppted and sgree with you about the money not being happiness part entirely.
    Gypsy said...
    Mmmmm... french fries. ;)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home