our search is over.

our neighbor called this afternoon while hubby was at the office and i was at the grocery store. hubby left work immediately and went home to identify the lifeless little body that was once our beloved finn. when he decided it was time, he called me and told me what we feared the most. i broke down instantly as i walked numbly out of the store, leaving a full cart of groceries behind. tears streamed down my face as i sat on the curb waiting for hubby to pick me up. he wouldn't let me see finn, telling me to remember him how he was. we went to church and lit a candle for our little free spirit who will be forever missed but never ever forgotten or replaced.

7 Comments:

  1. Maggie Ginsberg-Schutz said...
    NOOOOO!!!

    Oh, honey, I am so so so so so sorry. I'm just so sorry.

    I wish there was something I could say.

    Sorry.
    Sally said...
    Shell, I'm so sorry. I know how terrible it feels to lose a wonderful pet. If you want to chat or anything, give me a call.
    Maybelline Jones said...
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry your precious kitty is gone.

    xo

    MJ
    Sarrah October Young said...
    I am so sorry for your loss. Losing an important family member is never easy to deal with. Keep your chin up and hold onto the memories. I'm crying a bit just writing this to you. I care more about animals than I do most people.

    take care, love.
    xo
    Gypsy said...
    Oh no!! I'm so sorry. {hugs}
    Terri said...
    coming over from Sally's blog. Very sorry to hear about your loss.
    WendyB said...
    Oh no!!!! I am so sorry for your loss.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home