Where I'm From

I saw this on gypsy's site and knew I had to try it myself. This originates from here.
This is what I came up with:
Where I’m From

I am from swimming pools, from slip-n-slides
and earthquakes.
I am from a big house of wondering, secrets, jealousy and Chanel No. 5 on special occasions.
I am from old magnolia trees, ancient rose bushes and big front lawns, hibiscus, azaleas and warm summer evenings.
I am from camping in the redwoods and singing songs in the car, from Leonard and Agnes and those who I don’t know.
I am from the silent treatment and those who are always right. From “we don’t air our dirty laundry” and “always say your prayers before bed”.
I am from stand up, sit down, kneel, every Sunday morning and all holy days of obligation.
I’m from the City of Angels, mental strength, gin and tonics, potatoes and sausage. From coffee and pastry in the afternoon, skybluepink sunsets and breakfast at The Pantry.
I am from old family pictures hidden in a box on the living room floor, dusty old magazines that have lost their worth, stories that go untold and heartbreak that goes unnoticed.

2 Comments:

  1. Gypsy said...
    Great job!
    maddie said...
    :) aww...thanks!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home